Regardless of mission or scope, all associations are part of the worldwide ecosystem. Chances are, if your association is creating value, it will be of interest to people in your industry or profession from all over the world. As technology and international trade and service delivery blur the traditional geographic lines that once defined an association’s boundaries, both opportunities and challenges are created.
Client organizations benefit from SmithBucklin's international expertise and multicultural experience to help assess international opportunities and challenges, develop a strategic plan and deploy operations at home or abroad using our in-house resources as well as those of our close partners.
U.S.-based client organizations are able to:
- Become more internationally friendly and therefore attract and bring value to visitors, members or partners from outside of the U.S.
- Extend their reach outside of the U.S. by holding events worldwide or creating a presence on other continents or in other countries.
Associations based outside of the U.S. are able to:
- Develop a presence in the U.S., produce a U.S.-based event or deliver products and services to a U.S.-based audience.
We are sensitive to the way work is conducted in diverse cultures and avoid the typical U.S.-centric approaches that often plague businesses. We effectively assemble teams that are internationally savvy and multi-cultural, and build on our international alliances and partner relationships to offer the best in seamless service delivery.
Worldwide Service Delivery
The SmithBucklin + MCI Worldwide Partnership delivers seamless association and event management services throughout the world and sets the industry standard for service excellence across borders. With a unique understanding of the global association community, and a staff of more than 1,000 professionals in offices around the world, the Partnership affords associations, corporations and government institutions and agencies ready access to leading expertise, as well as unmatched purchasing and negotiation power.
Client organizations benefit from numerous worldwide service offerings, including:
- Market research
- International strategic planning and consulting
- Worldwide chapter administration in select locations across the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific
- International branding
- Multilingual creative production and publications
- International-friendly IT services and Web site
- Local, regional and worldwide marketing and communications
- Worldwide delivery of educational services
- Special event management
- Professional conference organization
- Meeting and conference management
- Incentive travel
- Multi-currency accounting services
A client organization's chief staff officer remains the client’s single point of accountability, whether services are provided within or outside the U.S., by SmithBucklin or MCI.