SmithBucklin is deeply committed to the health, well-being and professional growth of our employees. We offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that address the current and changing needs of our employees.
Health and Wellness Benefits
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Coverage for domestic partners
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance (including accidental death and dismemberment)
- Flexible spending accounts for medical care and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness center membership (Chicago) and discount (Washington, D.C.)
- Wellness education programs
Retirement Savings Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan – SmithBucklin is a 100 percent employee-owned company
- 401(k) plan with a company match
Learning and Professional Development
- SmithBucklin Learning Center – A training and professional development platform designed to help employees build and extend their professional, technical and managerial skills so they may excel and succeed at SmithBucklin as well as enhance their overall career development.
- People Manager Effectiveness – Cohort based multi-session program designed to provide people managers – regardless of their tenure or experience – with a common language, tools and structure to become more effective at coaching, developing and managing the performance of their direct and indirect reports.
- Scholarship Program – Provides employees with the opportunity to receive financial support to attend external education and professional development events (i.e., certifications, conferences, courses and seminars).
- Leadership Learning Forum (LLF) – Intensive, 12-month program that each year stimulates and inspires the individual learning and personal growth of select SmithBucklin employees by exposing them to leadership concepts, principles and guidelines with the goal of building leadership capacity within the company. To be considered for the LLF, an employee, regardless of their current position, must consistently outperform his or her peer group, demonstrate great potential for increased scope of responsibility and impact, have strong desire for a career in executive management – either in service to a client organization or at the SmithBucklin corporate-level – and embody SmithBucklin’s values. They must also show or have demonstrated a deep commitment to personal learning and growth, as well as a willingness to sacrifice personal time to the rigors and demands of the program.
- SmithBucklin 101 – Series of 90-minute workshops designed to introduce employees to the association management industry and SmithBucklin’s unique service capabilities.
- STAR (Sharing Tips And Resources) – Employee-managed educational forum designed to meet the professional and personal developmental needs of employees aspiring to expand their knowledge and build career paths within the association management industry.
Additional Benefits and Rewards
- A competitive paid time off (PTO) program
- Eight paid company holidays per year
- Pre-tax commuter/transit program
- Time-Out For Service program (One day per year of paid time off to perform community service or volunteer work)
- Employee discounts on cellphone plans, personal computers, fitness center memberships, etc.
Employees will be presented with their specific benefits package based upon their individual eligibility and circumstances when joining SmithBucklin.